When we think of quality of life, we think of where we live and who we live with. We work hard so that w can have a comfortable and safe place to call "home." Our greatest expression of who we are is where we live. This is true for everyone, including people with disabilities.
The Disability Housing Network was created because many people realized the importance of quality housing and that there was little to no attention being given to the development, management, and supervision of this area of supported living services in Ohio. Today, DHN is a member driven organization with a mission focused on providing much needed support and assistance to County Boards of DD and Housing Boards that manage and operate homes for individuals with disabilities in Ohio.
By leveraging the experience and intellect of our members, we have developed “best practice” resources that can be utilized by all member counties while creating a collective voice for advocacy. We strongly believe that if we work together we can strengthen and improve disability housing standards and practices in Ohio.
We hope you will consider joining us in our work towards developing and maintaining safe, comfortable, and quality housing for individuals with disabilities. NOW is the time to look strategically at our housing resources in Ohio. Please join us as we learn, share, and work together!
Disability Housing Network promotes best practices in the development, management and sustainability of an array of housing options for individuals with developmental disabilities.
Disability Housing Network is valued as a respected leader in the creation and sustainability of safe, quality and affordable housing for individuals with developmental disabilities.
We believe in:
- Acting as an educational resource in Ohio to local nonprofit housing development corporations and county boards of DD to promote the development and operation of safe comfortable and affordable housing.
- Acting as a resource and partner with the Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities in the development of housing policy.
- Creating opportunities for housing corporations and county boards of DD to share ideas and network on housing issues.
- Advocating for a myriad of financing options in the development and management of scattered site rental housing.
- Promoting best practices in the development and management of housing for individuals with DD
- Actively promoting cooperative planning on housing between the Ohio Dept. of DD, local housing development corporations and county boards of DD.
- Maintaining a fiscally sound and responsible organization with appropriate reserves to fulfill our mission.
- Securing resources sufficient to sustain our vision of quality.
- Maintaining a Board of Directors which supports our mission through active participation and contributions of time and resources.
- Providing leadership in our field through education and advocacy in the public and private sectors.